Thursday 19 July 2012

Christmas in July

I can't believe that I'm even thinking about doing the whole Christmas in July thing... but having moved to Australia 4 years ago from London has been very strange when it comes to Christmas. 

Being Croatian, and having a Danish hubby, we are very much used to having a cold, white Christmas every year. Since moving here though, we had to say goodbye to all those heartwarming dishes, real snow and evenings spent next to the fireplace, drinking red wine.

So, even though celebrating a Christmas in July is still a weird thing for me to contemplate, I can't help but look at our last Christmas photos and dream of a white Christmas...soon, I hope...








3 comments:

  1. Ahh yes, I remember last Christmas at your house and how much I loved all your decorations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I almost ended up getting all the Christmas boxes out of our garage, however, common sense prevailed...but can't promise anything next year. My one pre Christmas purchase this year will be the Gold Label Carousel, can't wait to get my hands on one of those...

      Delete
  2. Beautiful, a friend of mine had one of those, but her boys demolished it. We won't bother with Christmas decorations this year as you know, London awaits us ho-ho-ho.XXXXXX

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...