Monday 17 December 2012

A different kind of a Christmas tree

In my previous post from a few days ago, I showed a photo of some of the decorations I purchased recently, some specifically for Christmas, and some, simply because I loved them. 

While some decorations such as the flamingos or toucans I aim to keep throughout the year, they cheer me up so much, others I thought I might try and add all together. 

Well, it was a lengthy process, because I really didn't have a clear idea of what the tree should or could look like. I only knew that it needed LOTS and LOTS of decorations. 

So, out came some of the decorations from previous years, anything with a bit of colour.
Then my son helped me repaint all our eucalyptus branches in either flamingo pink or neon yellow (which we painted white a while ago). I used acrylic paint my husband uses for painting.

Since even that didn't seem enough, I raided some old decorations and found artificial flowers, which I purchased years ago and hadn't used since.

However, even that did not seem to scream 'leave me alone now'. And since all the baubles you generally find in stores were all Christmasy colours but nothing funky, I decided to use acrylic paint to paint over them. This was great, as I came up with some lovely shades of neon pink, lime and toucan orange.
Finally, I used some coloured tissue to make simple bows as well as neon green/yellow ribbon I bought recently for a totally different project.

Even towards the end, my feelings about it were mixed, thinking it was really ugly one minute, and absolutely stunning the next. One thing is for sure, it's the weirdest, wackiest tree I've ever seen, and for that I absolutely love it. It puts a smile on my face, and you can't ask for more than that I guess..








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...