Friday 21 December 2012

Nativity Scene

I have to be honest, this year has been amazing in terms of creativity and decorating ideas, all thanks to Pinterest. Many months ago I saw this amazing Nativity Scene where the stylist used a shelf or a ladder of some kind to create a multi level Betlehem. They also used beautiful Putz houses, which I adore.

I've been somewhat lazy, and couldn't be bothered painting, gluing and putting glitter on when creating my own Putz houses, so when I came across white Dutch houses by Papaya here in Australia well, I just had to go crazy and buy lots.

Since I already had a ladder shelf in one of the children's rooms, this Nativity Scene was actually easy to put together. LED tea lights (got to keep it safe), lots of moss, and my now old and battered Nativity set from David Jones, was all it took to put this Betlehem together. 

I love the fact that it's in the centre of our living room, it creates an amazing feature in the evenings, you can really feel the magic of Christmas, plus so far, kids have been really good at NOT demolishing anything yeayy...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...